Clinics & Services
The health visitors hold immunisation clinics at Linwood Health Centre.
Well Baby Drop-In Clinics
2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month: Linwood Health Centre, 11.00am -1.00pm.
For further information, please contact the health visiting team on 01505 821405 or 01505 821412.
The community midwives hold antenatal clinics at the following times:
Houston Monday 2.00 - 3.45pm
Bridge of Weir Tuesday 1.30 - 3.15pm
You are also welcome to attend for antenatal care during normal surgery times with the doctor of your choice.
All GP practices are contracted to provide 'essential services', that is, basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following 'additional services':
- Child health surveillance, together with the health visiting team.
- Contraception services.
- Maternity services in the antenatal and postnatal period, together with midwives from Paisley Maternity Hospital.
- Routine immunisation of children, together with the health visiting team.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel (not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS).
- Cervical smears.
- Annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and those at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease, diabetes, cerebrovascular disease, asthma, COPD or chronic bronchitis, hypothyroidism, cancer, hypertension, and mental health problems.
- Well man and well woman checks, if indicated.
- Smoking cessation advice.
- Weight reduction advice.